- Knock on the door and introduce self to the resident.
- Explain the procedure.
- Turn on water.
- Wet all surfaces of hands and wrists.
- Apply liquid soap to hands.
- Rub hands together away from water for 20 seconds using friction.
- Interface fingers pointing downward.
- Wash all surfaces of hands and wrists with liquid soap.
- Rinse hands thoroughly under running water with fingers pointed downward.
- Dry hands on clean paper towel(s) and immediately discard in trash can.
- Turn off faucet with a SECOND (last) clean dry paper towel. (Previously used towel for drying will not be accepted).
- Discard paper towel to trash container as used.
- Do not re-contaminate hands at any point during the procedure.
Skills key can be found on the D & S Video title page.