Nail Care One Hand
- Introduce self to resident.
- Identify that hands should be washed.
- Explain procedure to the resident.
- Immerse nails in comfortably warm water and soak for at least five (5) minutes. (The five minutes may be verbalized.)
- Gently push cuticle back with wet wash cloth.
- Dry hands thoroughly, being careful to dry hand and between fingers.
- Gently clean under nails with orange stick. (No Longer Key)
- File each fingernail.
- Empty, rinse and dry equipment and return to storage.
- Discard linen in linen hamper.
- Discard orange stick in the designated sharp container.
- Return equipment to storage.
- Maintain respectful, courteous interpersonal interaction at all times.
- Leave call light or signaling device within easy reach of the resident.
- Identify hands should be washed.
Skills key can be found on the D & S Video title page.